Herbal Tea with Ginger Root & Lemon Peel
Colds & Flu – Ginger is an excellent medicine for cold and flu. Having a hot cup makes the body sweat, which breaks the fever and dispels pathogens. The spicy taste of ginger releases congestion in the nose by thinning the mucus, relieving sinus pressure.
Nausea – Consuming this tea aids in the secretion of digestive juices, which controls stomach acid and relaxes the intestinal muscles. It is the best cure for getting rid of nausea and can also stop vomiting due to nausea. Vomiting and nausea are usually symptoms of indigestion. Ginger is also used successfully for motion sickness and works as well, if not better, than Dramamine.
Menstrual Cramps – Antispasmodic properties of ginger can relieve menstrual cramps. If the cramping is severe, drink at least two cups of ginger tea with raw sugar or honey. Consuming it for menstrual cramps directs the blood to the pelvic area, which relieves the blockages.
Digestion of Food – Having one or two cups of tea everyday will help solve digestion problems. Ginger works by breaking down the proteins in foods which helps relieve gases and other stomach problems.
Other Health Benefits of Ginger Root:
- Helps relieve headaches and migraines
- Provides relief from rheumatoid arthritis
- Has anti-cancerous properties, which helps prevent cancer by destroying the cancerous cells
- Having a cup of ginger root tea is the best home remedy for asthma. Ginger helps eliminate excess mucus and removes the blockages from the windpipe
- Ginger removes all the ‘bad’ cholesterol from the body and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- The spicy taste of ginger freshens the breath. Having ginger tea is the best remedy for bad breath.